Sr. Contracts Attorney
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Our client – Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world's largest company offering products and services for science. The company's branch in Vilnius develops and manufactures products for life sciences research and diagnostics. The company is seen as a desirable employer: in 2020 in Lithuania Thermo Fisher Scientific was awarded the Employer of the Year Award. In 2019 the company was recognized as Lithuania's TOP employer in the manufacturing sector.
In this role, you will work with BID Corporate Counsels, other BID Legal colleagues, as well as Thermo Fisher lawyers and outside specialists to provide high quality and comprehensive Legal advice and support to the BID Legal entities, sites and businesses.
What you will be doing
- Support the BID Corporate Counsels and work with other BID Legal team members to provide guidance to business partners and global team members on, and address a range of, Legal, operational and business issues that impact the BID business and sites
- Draft and negotiate agreements of varying complexity with pharmaceutical, academic, research and manufacturing companies to enable BID businesses to sell products and perform services, purchase raw materials and services, and license technologies (in and out). Resolve commercial and other Legal disputes related to same
- Seek appropriate guidance and involvement of other relevant functions, such as intellectual property, finance, product management, purchasing, and sales, and facilitate the approval of the appropriate management
- Educate and train employees on their obligations under the terms of various contracts and under applicable legal requirements
- Participate in the resolution of a wide range of business, contractual, financial and operational issues
- Promote PPI (process improvement) initiatives and adopt a process improvement culture within the BID business
- Take an active role in creating new templates, workflows and processes to enable business colleagues to conclude deals efficiently
- Work collaboratively with the BID Corporate Counsels and other members of the LSG Legal Department on various other matters and initiatives
What you bring
- Intellectually strong and qualified as a lawyer in Lithuania with a Master of Laws from an internationally recognized University/law school
- Experience in contracts and license negotiation/drafting and general intellectual property law required
- At least 2 years’ experience, preferably with good in house experience, representing life science, fast moving consumer goods, or other relevant regulated-sector companies, either multinational company legal department or relevant department of full-service international law firm
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate communication with colleagues and customers based in all time zones in US
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, robust and enthusiastic self-starter, excellent team player
- Ability to perform duties independently with minimal instruction given on new projects or assignments
- Ability to solve problems of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity
- Recognize when to seek guidance from the BID Corporate Counsels, Divisional Counsel, General Counsel, and other company personnel or external consultants
What will you get here?
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in Financial sector
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care and personal accident insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills
- Other financial benefits, such as annual bonus, transport and canteen, are included as well
Recruitment process is due May 7th. Contact person – Paulina, +370 616 16 316, firstname.lastname@example.org