Financial Analyst – Headcount & Expense
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Our client – Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world's largest company offering products and services for science. The company's branch in Vilnius develops and manufactures products for life sciences research and diagnostics. The company is seen as a desirable employer: in 2020 in Lithuania Thermo Fisher Scientific was awarded the Employer of the Year Award. In 2019 the company was recognized as Lithuania's TOP employer in the manufacturing sector.
The Financial Analyst – Headcount & Expense role is the subject matter expert (SME) and primary resource for Group-level headcount & expense activity oversight. With strong emphasis on planning and forecasting, this role is actively involved in alignment and partnering with division FP&A teams to ensure all headcount and non-headcount related expenses are forecast and planned in a timely and complete manner. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Planning and Forecasting, this role has a great deal of visibility and engagement with Division FP&A and finance leadership. In addition, the position is also responsible for developing solid cross-functional business partnerships including data governance, operations finance, SG&A, and Systems and Reporting FP&A.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for functional area headcount and non-headcount related expense planning. Leverage Hyperion Planning Workforce module to manage HR-provided headcount data, evaluate system assumptions & calculations, and analyze output for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure Hyperion Planning forecast & plan expense data is complete and ready for business review within each forecast/planning cycle
- Work with businesses to identify and manage the Planning application drivers and system assumptions applicable for optimized delivery of pre-populated data. Evaluate predictive vs trend-based vs zero-based functionality and apply to forecast assumptions
- Review functional area non-headcount expense volume, system drivers/assumptions, and analyze results for completeness
- Work with businesses to identify and resolve data issues to improve the quality of system-generated information
- Partner with other functional areas including margin analysts, finance operations, data governance, Corporate systems FP&A, and OpEx teams to support, develop, and enhance planning and forecasting opportunities
- Partner with systems BI teams to build and enhance expense and headcount dashboard analytics
- Evaluate system process activities and recommend areas where non-value added work could be centralized at the Group level
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance with experience in financial reporting systems and consolidations preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting, or successful completion of Thermo Fisher Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP)
- Experience using Oracle EPM applications including HFM, Hyperion Planning, Smart View essential
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; Power BI/Tableau dash-boarding skills preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with desire to maintain accuracy of information and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, collaborative, and effective verbal & written communication abilities
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and understand that there may be extra hours during the financial calendar
What will you get here?
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals
- Competitive salary and motivational compensation package
The recruitment process is due October 29th. Contact person – Birutė, +370 685 13 356, firstname.lastname@example.org