Backend Software Engineer
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Our client – Vinted is a leading second-hand clothing online marketplace that is currently on a mission to make second-hand the first choice.
- Work in a team and shape the features to make Vinted members’ life better.
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews.
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. They have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 45 million users almost instantly. Vinted's master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. They deploy many times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. They don't expect you to be familiar with any of them beforehand.
- Craft the code which can handle more than 2M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce 🙂
- You should be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts.
- We expect you to be familiar with most, and have deep knowledge in some (depending on your seniority) of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Web Development, Systems Programming, Distributed Systems, Systems Architecture, Computer Science.
- Opportunity to join share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2 % from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Remote workout classes
- Mental and emotional health support from Mindletic
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
- Private health insurance
- Work anywhere in the EU for 90 days out of the year
- Dog-friendly office
- Home office support (IT workstation equipment provided + a personal budget of up to 540 € for home workplace furniture)
The recruitment process is due September 2nd. Contact person – Milda, +370 630 28 818, firstname.lastname@example.org