Backend Software Engineer (Go) (SRE/Observability)
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Our client – Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 50 million members in 15 countries. Their mission is green: they want to make second-hand the first choice globally. Vinted is currently looking for Backend Software Engineer (SRE/Observability).
Here are some of the technologies Vinted uses: CentOS 7, Chef, Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Vitess, ElasticSearch, Ceph, Mcrouter, Memcached, Redis, Kafka, JVM, Go, Consul, Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos, Nginx, Jenkins, Docker, Datadog and Kubernetes.
- Contributing the design and development of the Prometheus and Thanos based metric platform
- Collaboration with site reliability engineers to scale the fleet-wide log collection pipeline and the centralized log management stack ingesting 5TB of logs per day
- Customizing services to tailor time-series–based alerting and alerting for logs for Vinted needs
- Contributing the adoption of a new distributed tracing system
- Developing on-call tools and integrate with paging services to drive the on-call process at organization level
- Solving a range of performance issues in our platforms as the infrastructure grows and converges to the multiregional level
- Participating in on-call rotation for observability products every 6-8 weeks
- 3+ years of hands on work experience in developing or operating at scale
- Willingness to learn and master new technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with technologies in our stack
- Previous experience of infrastructure management is a plus
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2 % from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Remote workout classes
- Mental- and emotional-health support from Mindletic
- Private health insurance
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
- Work anywhere in the EU for 90 days out of the year
- Dog-friendly office
- Home office support (IT workstation equipment provided + a personal budget of up to 540 € for home workplace furniture)
Vinted wants people to work from where they’re most comfortable, which is why they’re using a hybrid workplace model at Vinted for the foreseeable future.
Hybrid means that they encourage working from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and the remainder of your time from either home or the office, but it’s not required. You’re welcome to work from either location all or some of the time, depending on what you think is best and safest for you, and how the Covid-19 situation is developing where you are.
The recruitment process is due June 24th. Contact person – Aistė, +370 640 35 676, email@example.com