Backend Guild Leader
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Wix – a leading cloud-based development platform that has 180 million users in 190 countries, empowering everyone to express themselves and build their online presence. Company is known not only for their products and technologies, but also for their culture that values and supports employees.
Wix Engineering are technical, transparent, have agile culture. They develop and maintain highly scalable systems used by hundreds of millions of users around the globe.
They are looking for a passionate Backend Guild Leader to help set the tone and standards for developer-centric culture. They need someone who’ll mentor and help other engineers improve technical and non-technical aspects of their jobs through pair-programming, coaching, and mentorship.
- A natural leader with the skills and passion to create a vision for our professional community and influence its execution.
- Your experience in leading and mentoring engineers has made you unafraid to share your opinions when appropriate – but you’re also humble and respectful.
- You’re intelligent and passionate about backend engineering, distributed systems, and general problem-solving.
- You’re also familiar with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, pair programming, etc.), and you can quickly spot bad practices and anti-patterns.
As a Backend Guild Leader, you will
- Define/influence how our Backend Guild operates in Vilnius – hiring, onboarding, education, engineering
- Mentor and advise the teams within code reviews, pair programming, lectures, training and more
- Envision the big picture and break down the necessary steps to get there by delegating tasks and making decisions in an effective manner
- Grow the Backend Guild by bringing top-notch developers to Wix
- Work as a part of a team in hands-on development at least 50% of the time
- Influence the Wix Engineering brand by interacting with stakeholders outside of the team
- Contribute to Wix Engineering practices and culture.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Equity and discount stock purchasing plans (ESPP)
- Online courses and professional development
- Health and personal accident insurance
- Daily breakfast and snacks
- Free exercise classes and wellness activities
- Free phone operator services
- Fun activities and team events
The recruitment process is due October 29th. Contact person – Julija, +370 625 52304, firstname.lastname@example.org