Backend Engineer, Developer Experience
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Our client – Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 50 million members in 15 countries. Their mission is green: they want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
In this role, you will join the Developer Experience Engineering team, as a part of the Engineering Experience domain, in Vilnius. It works to continuously improve the development experience and provide tools for building, maintaining, monitoring, and improving the application ecosystem for our backend developers.
Here are some of the technologies you will be using: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Datadog and Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with developers across the organization to identify challenges and develop solutions to improve developer experience
- Ensure developers have the right tools, standards, and environment to maximize productivity and create the greatest business value possible
- Establish and advocate the best development practices
- Write, release and maintain tools our developers use daily
- Fix performance issues with tooling, CI/CD, and other related parts of the development toolchain
- Actively contribute to the Vinted developer community
- Help define the future of developer experience at Vinted
- You care about improving developer experience and productivity
- You have at least 3 years of experience developing software
- You are familiar with DevOps principles and practices
- You are willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts
- You love to fix things and solve complex problems
- You love helping others grow by showing an example
- You have organizational skills and consider yourself a good communicator
- You are capable of working in the team as well as independently
- You are not afraid to make mistakes, learn from them and iterate
- You know how good documentation looks like
You don’t have to be an expert in all the technologies, we have a solid training budget, enough challenges and great team members to help you grow.
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2 % from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Remote workout classes
- Mental- and emotional-health support from Mindletic
- Private health insurance
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
- Private health insurance
- Work anywhere in the EU for 90 days out of the year
- Dog-friendly office
- Home office support (IT workstation equipment provided + a personal budget of up to 540 € for home workplace furniture)
Contact person – Gustė, +370 690 76 927, firstname.lastname@example.org