Application Scientist (Small Molecules)
Amston – a team of talent recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Our client – Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world's largest company offering products and services for science. The company's branch in Vilnius develops and manufactures products for life sciences research and diagnostics. The company is seen as a desirable employer: in 2020 in Lithuania Thermo Fisher Scientific was awarded the Employer of the Year Award. In 2019 the company was recognized as Lithuania's TOP employer in the manufacturing sector.
- Laboratory duties, including performing applications on new and existing Triple Quadrupole, Ion Trap and Orbitrap based LCMS platforms in support of marketing efforts
- Familiarity with applications in small molecule markets with Thermo Fisher Scientific`s LCMS instruments using nano spray, micro flow and conventional chromatography
- Lead application activities on various hardware and software platforms in support of Thermo Fisher Scientific`s new products
- Work with vertical marketing and product application scientists to generate sound applications data and to develop, execute and document marketing materials
- High comfort level interacting, discussing, and presenting how products and solutions are used with customers
- BS/MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline)
- Strong knowledge of both LC and MS instrumentation. Must be comfortable discussing the components of a mass spectrometer, aspects of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometer ionization sources and their impact on an application.
- Work experience, including degree studies, with hands-on LCMS background and expertise in small molecules or omics method and applications development.
- Strong domain knowledge of the one or more of Pharma/Biopharma, Clinical or Food & Environmental analytical industries
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing small molecule applications on Orbitrap based LCMS platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary matrix managed environment
- Ability to travel 10-15% annually globally
- Fluent English and Lithuanian language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instruments, and software
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal skills
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
The Company Offers
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals
- Additional benefits package
The recruitment process is due October 29th. Contact person – Justina, +370 665 80 267, email@example.com