Amston – a team of talented recruitment professionals that ensures exclusive attention to your needs, fosters partnerships based on trust, and provides expert insights throughout the recruitment process.
Shift4 Payments – a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of commerce-enabling services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, eCommerce, lodging, gaming, and many more.
As an Android Engineer, you will be joining the team responsible for designing, developing and deploying Shift4’s new built-for-cloud restaurant platform that delivers on a complete solution for restaurant operators of all sizes that marries point-of-sale, guest engagement, online & mobile ordering, payments, analytics, table reservation, loyalty and much more. They call this platform “Edgewater”.
The main focal point of the POS platform consists of beautifully designed and highly functional business app deployed on Android based devices. Shift4 Payments has huge plans for this platform and need to expand the team with the best and brightest minds to ensure we continue to out-innovate competition and change the basis of competition.
- Hardcore coding in Kotlin & Java of high-performant business solutions
- Be an active, participant in a high velocity scaled Agile process
- Work alongside other Software Engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices as they relate to the project and general software engineering concepts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Analysts, QA, and other team members to achieve elegant solutions which satisfy business needs, goals, and objectives
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of development processes technical solutions, and Edgewater itself
- Test “your own” code via unit, integration and acceptance testing techniques to ensure delivery and quality goals are met
- Diagnose and resolve issues with deployed systems using a variety of techniques including direct engagement with support personnel and customers
- Experience in Kotlin programming, the Android 8 & 10 SDK, and with Google’s Android design principles
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing innovative Android apps (Java, Kotlin) targeting both business users and consumers
- Knowledge or experience of Android UI design and ability to work closely with UI designers
- Experience working in an agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) by designing, developing, and deploying working software through analysis of functionality as defined by a Product team
Would be a plus if you:
- Comfortable and experienced identifying and implementing non-functional requirements, writing code that is clean, of good quality
- Proficient with testing work-in-progress deliverables to make sure they meet acceptance criteria and functional requirements as defined by a Product team as well as non-functional requirements defined by the development team
- Great interpersonal, verbal, and written skills including documentation of complex technical solutions (e.g., whiteboarding, code comments)
- Hands-on experience using RabbitMQ for data synchronization and replication, and, RESTful APIs for fetching and upserting of transactions to the cloud back end (advantage)
- Experience with maintaining transactionality with asynchronous offline mode applications, threading, and performance tuning (advantage)
- A growing innovative company with a friendly atmosphere
- Team is doing pair-programming, code reviews, on-demand design sessions
- Opportunity to join one of the biggest Android Engineers team in Vilnius
- Library, training, online courses and conferences to improve your skills
- Unifying events and team buildings
- Remote workout classes
- Competitive salary and performancebased bonuses
- Additional vacation days
- Health insurance
The recruitment process is due October 29th. Contact person – Goda, +370 612 20 575, firstname.lastname@example.org